Addiction to smokeless tobacco products is just as serious as an addiction to cigarettes, but there is help available through your physician and support groups. Using some of these simple steps may also help you quit the addition.
- Write down a list of reasons to quit. For example:
- Don't want to risk getting cancer.
- Family members find it offensive.
- Don't like having bad breath after chewing and dipping.
- Don't want stained teeth (or no teeth).
- Don't like being addicted to nicotine.
- Want to start leading a healthier life.