The Plan to Reopen...
We wanted to give you all an update on the current plant to start seeing patients in the office again. For the past month, we have primarily been seeing patients through telehealth, with a few exceptions for urgent problems. It has been an interesting experience, to say the least! While we have been able to accomplish a lot, nothing replaces the ability to actually look into the ears, nose, and throat to confirm the diagnosis. We are planning to start seeing more patients in the office in the follow weeks, with the following heightened safety measures in place:
- All patients must bring and wear a mask the entire time they are in the office. Cloth or other home-made masks are acceptable. We have a very limited supply and cannot provide masks. Any patient who arrives without a mask will be turned away and rescheduled to a later appointment
- No patients will wait in our waiting room. Call the clinic (303-798-1309) when you arrive at the Elati office or knock on the door at the Southwest office and someone will bring you straight back to the exam room
- Patients must do their intake paperwork ahead of time through the online portal or print at home. If this is not possible, then call the office and someone will do a telephone intake with you
- Only the patient is allowed in the office. For children and adult patients who require a caretaker, one adult may accompany the patient
- All physicians and staff will wear masks during all patient encounters
- We are performing diligent hand washing and extra cleaning precautions
- We have placed HEPA air scrubbers in each exam room
- All patients will be screened prior to appointment for fever > 100F, cough, shortness of breath, flu symptoms, red eyes, loss of smell/taste, and body aches. Patients with these symptoms will have their appointment via telehealth
- Telemedicine appointments will still be available for higher rish patients, routine follow up issues, or if the patient prefers
Prior to your appointment, the office will assign you a risk score (see below to calculate your own risk score).
- Low risk patients (score 3 or less) can come into the office as usual (with heightened safety precautions as described above).
- Medium risk patients (score 4-7) can come into the office at their discretion.
- High risk patients (score 8 or greater) will have a telemedicine visits unless they have an urgent issue that must be seen in person.
COVID-19 Risk Score
19 or under = Minus 2
20-49 = 0
50-59 = 1
60-69 = 2
70-79 = 3
80 or older = 7
Do you have any of these medical problems?
High blood pressure = 2
Diabetes = 3
Heat Disease = 4
Chronic lung disease (asthma, COPD, bronchitis, etc) = 4
Cancer (any type except for skin cancer) = 3
Chronic kidney disease = 4
Chronic liver disease = 4
Immune system problems = 4
Add up the total to find your risk score.
I hope all of you and your families are staying safe and healthy during these times. Please call us with any questions at (303) 798-1309