Our office staff has been trained to answer most questions. If the question is one that only your physicians can answer our staff will consult with them and respond as soon as possible. We return calls during lunch and at the end of regular business hours.
We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. We do not believe we can provide excellent medical care when we allow patients to be treated without being seen and evaluated by one of our providers. To provide the most efficient service, we ask that patients see their regular physician if possible.
Below is some important information about our prescription policy. THANK YOU for taking time to review our policies.
- Patients requesting new prescriptions or antibiotics must be seen for an appointment. They are not prescribed without being evaluated.
- Prescription medications require close monitoring by your provider to ensure safety and effectiveness. Refills may be provided if deemed necessary by your provider for the course of up to one year. All patients who have not been seen in the last twelve (12) months must be seen and evaluated to continue to receive medications. When you are down to zero refills, it is time to schedule a follow-up appointment.
- Please call your pharmacy for any refills. They will contact us if a refill is needed. Allow up to three (3) business days for medications to be refilled. It is your responsibility to notify your pharmacy in a timely manner when refills are needed. If you use a mail order pharmacy please contact them fourteen (14) days before your medication is due to ensure you do not run out.
- Medication refills will only be addressed during regular office hours (Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm). No prescriptions will be refilled on Saturday, Sunday or Holidays.
- We will not refill medications prescribed by providers outside of our office.
- Narcotics CANNOT be called in and require a written prescription.
- Only the provider you have seen may prescribe narcotics.
- Narcotics will not be provided after hours, on the weekends, or holidays.
- Any culture done requires at least 72 hours (but up to 1 week) to obtain the final results.
- Blood work and imaging results vary depending on where the tests were done and what kind of test was performed.
- Pathology results on specimens obtained in our office are usually available in 3-5 days. Results from fine needle biopsies performed elsewhere can take 5-7 days. Pathology results require an office visit to discuss results and further recommendations.
AFTER HOURS CALLS
- After hours calls are for urgent issues that cannot wait until the next business day. Priority is given to surgical patients. Because we want to ensure that your call is handled in a timely manner, if you do not receive a call back within 15 minutes, please call again. When the office is closed, our physicians rotate call coverage, therefore, your regular physician may not be the physician handling your emergency.
- Please do not call the after hours line to schedule an appointment or for medication refills. NARCOTICS WILL NOT BE PRESCRIBED AFTER HOURS.
- You are responsible for payment of your account. Patients will be expected to pay at the time service is rendered.
- All children under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Due to the nature of our specialty there may be a need to perform a procedure during your visit and this would require a parent/legal guardian to consent.
LATE ARRIVAL/NO SHOWS/CANCELLATIONS
We strive to render care in a timely and prompt manner. When a patient misses a scheduled appointment, or cancels an appointment with minimal notice, it impacts the ability of other patients to schedule medical care.
- If a patient is more than 15 minutes late for a scheduled appointment, we reserve the right to reschedule the appointment
- Any patient that fails to show up for a scheduled appointment or cancels a scheduled appointment with less than 48 business hours’ notice, will be charged a Cancellation Fee. Cancellation Fees can range from $25.00 up to $200.00 depending on the length and type of the appointment
- All outstanding Cancellation Fees must be paid in full prior to the scheduling of a patient’s next appointment.
- Patients, not insurance companies, are solely responsible for the payment of Cancellation Fees.
- Any patient who misses or cancels three or more scheduled appointments in a twelve (12) month period may be dismissed as a patient.